Monday, February 4, 2013

Heartstrings 29.0: Are You Ready for some Football?

Happy Day After the Super Bowl to everyone back home!!! Things are still pretty cool here but they are starting to warm up a little in the day. I'd say it's about 80 here now in the day and I am NOT looking forward to the heat that is coming. I kinda dig this cool weather.

So I saw the Ravens won the Super Bowl. As most of you know, I decided to wake up at 3:00 in the morning (yes, that time DOES exist!) to watch the game. I was super stoked to find out last night that I got the channel that would be broadcasting the Super Bowl live and in HD... which meant that I wouldn't have to stream it on my MacBook! I slept on the couch so my lazy bum wouldn't have to get out of bed to watch the game. I did really well and made it all the way up to half time before I had to turn the tv off and catch a few winks of sleep. I slept for about an hour before my alarm went off. Obsessive as I was; I immediately turned the TV on to find that I had only missed 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Didn't quite understand at that time how I missed so little of the game until they said the lights had gone out. Lovely. I didn't get a chance to watch the last 12 minutes of the game (so sad!) since I had to leave for work; but I did keep up with the live feed during my morning assembly whilst instructing boys to stand on their white circles ;)

I didn't really care who won... saw the 49ers last season in the playoffs and knew they would make it to the big dance this year. And the Ravens had the whole Ray Lewis and Michael Oher (the dude from Blind Side) story line to go with it... so I was pulling for both teams. Although I did find myself rooting more for San Francisco (but mostly because I really wanted an actual football game instead of one team dominating the other). I'm happy that Oher won a super bowl... and Lewis went out with the perfect ending.

Lord help me in March when the NCAA bball tourney starts. I will be beyond sleep deprived like I am now but throughout the span of weeks! 

Work is going okay (in the classroom.) Having some pretty ridiculous issues with one of my head of faculty. Trying to push through that is proving to be harder then I thought it would be.

Anywhoo, just wanted to stop by and update you on my "stupidity"... guess you gotta make a few sacrifices to feel a little closer to home when you're 6,000 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment