Friday, September 28, 2012

Heartstrings 13.0: making a home

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone! I know it's been forever and a day since I last updated, but I haven't had internet since I left the Beach Rotana 3 weeks ago.

Here's a super fast post to update some major things that have happened here.
  • Went to our back to school orientation at the ADNEC building and listened to His Excellency speak about ADEC's goals for this school year. Good vision.
ADNEC
  • I started school on 09.09.12 and I have two sections of grade one boys
  • school here is very different then back in the states--I don't even know how to put it in words. 
  • I have spent the last week and a half baseline testing my kiddos trying to see what letters/words/math skills they know--which is not much. 
  • my kids don't know a whole heck of a lot of english--pretty much only the letter 'x' (why that letter is beyond me) 
  • I still enjoy the people I work with--so that's a bonus. Wish I saw them more often, but we're so spread out it's nearly impossible to chat
  • My workday is from 7:30-1:30 every day
  • If I don't have something to do after school then I'm usually home by 2:20.
  • I dislike waking up super early to get to work. I've pushed my 5:20 wake up call all the way back to 6:00
  • Last week I experienced my first sinus infection here--no bueno
  • During the same sinus infection, I moved flats
  • On Monday I got a call from the movers saying that could come move me in one and a half hours--wasn't expecting them until the next day.
My new living room... floor 8
kitchen view


 
my new bedroom

I actually have a full sink/countertop now!
my balcony... that's my bedroom door and I'm standing at my living room door
view from my balcony to the left
  • Got my Emirates ID and drivers license this week
  • finally bought a microwave
And the most important thing: I FOUND GOLDFISH HERE IN THE UAE!!! The ONE thing I was missing from home and I found it. Stocked up too... bought 5 of the small bags. My British friend did not quite understand... lol.

I'm about to go get my hair did and go look at some curtains for the new flat... don't want any creepy people looking in on me sleeping or something... haha.

Hope everyone back in the States is doing well... if you have Skype, I now have the internet for good... look me up @ kristanp3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment