Tuesday, August 7, 2012

heartstrings 4.0: lasting memories

Tonight is my last post before I leave US soil and head on over to Abu Dhabi. At the moment, I have several mixed emotions going on right now. I left my co-workers today and it finally hit me...

I
am
leaving.

Like, for good. It's weird to process.

It always seemed so far away and now it's just a matter of savoring every last moment.

It was my last time to step foot in the only school I have ever worked at. It was my last time to sit in my old classroom (as I watched the new teacher decorate and hang out with a few old co-workers). It was the last time I will drive with Nikki from Bryan to Huntsville. My last dinner was at Roadhouse (and was sent away with a dozen rolls--yum!). Tonight I got my last night-night kiss from Issac (which makes me extremely sad as I sit here and think about it). My last night to sleep in this bed is tonight. And it's the last night Nikki, Fernando, Issac, and I will have alone.... ever. Strange.

But as I sit here and think about the lasts... I can't help but think about the list of firsts that I am about to embark on. I look forward to those and will hold on dearly to those lasts and the people in my life that have created those memories. Even though I may be thousands of miles away, I will carry them in my heart as I start my list of firsts in a new place with this mixed happy-sadness in my heart.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad that I didn't get to visit with you before you left! Our prayers are with you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete