Sunday, August 19, 2012

Eid Mubarak: Eid has begun... which means Ramadan has officially ended! For those of you who don't know what that means for me as a Westerner, it means that I can now eat and drink in public! It hasn't been as hard as I expected it to be to not eat and drink out in public, but I have had my grumpy days and headaches. All of the restaurants around town have been closed all day and only places in the hotels have been opened so it has done some damage to my pocket book. I did go to the market and get some snacky foods (which really only helps if you are at your hotel in the day--which I have not been). Here is a picture of my new friend, Angel, as we are in the mall (yes, the markets are IN the mall) and you have to go up and down the giant escalators.


 It's not abnormal here to see people pushing their shopping carts along inside the mall trying to get their groceries out to the car. There aren't little convenient stores or grocery stores on the street corners or anything like that... and the pharmacy's I have seen are not like CVS and Walgreens--they just have medicine. 

For those of you who were worried about me eating, I think I'm going to be okay here. There are a LOT of foods from the US here in Abu Dhabi. They do taste a tad bit different then in the states, but it's not bad at all. I even found my Peter Pan peanut butter!!! I will be okay now! :) 


 Sorry this post has been about nothing but food... I am starving right now so I guess that's where my focus has been. Will post more later about my flat and some things I've done around.

No comments:

Post a Comment