Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Heartstring 2.0: First Goodbyes

3 weeks until potential D-Day... and by D-Day, I mean Departure Day.

Last week I left Tejas and ventured to Yankee-land to visit the family. On the way there, I decided to stop in one of my favorite cities in the states... Washington DC. It was nice to go back after 4 years and see things I wasn't able to do the last time I was there. I was able to visit the National Archives and see the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights along with some other rad documents. I visited the National Aquarium (major letdown), Martin Luther King Jr's memorial (pics below), had a morning stroll around the Tidal Basin, re-visited some memorials since I was in the area, went back to the Air & Space museum and Natural History Museum, visited the Botanical Gardens, and saw a pretty cool concert outside around the Capital. Every time I go, I fall more and more in love with that city. Here are some Instagram pictures I took (I was definitely on a kick... so get ready for those as I make the big move overseas. I just <heart3 Instagram!)

Washington Memorial

MLK Memorial.. bigger then I expected

Jefferson Memorial on a morning stroll along the Tidal Basin

Figured I would get a good shot of some US flags since I won't be seeing them for awhile.

Happy Independence Day, America!




































































































In between my DC trip was my family time. I got to visit with some of my most favoritest people in the whole world. It was a slow trip as I spent most of my time at my grandma's house and my family came to visit. We didn't do much other then sit around and occasionally watch some of the tube. It was nice to see them though. Glad to have everyone there healthy and everything. My aunts came over several times, which was nice. I got to meet my cousins daughter for the first time. She was a sweetheart! My cousin opened her own business and I couldn't be more happier or proud of her. She now rents a nice little booth (which I will have to come sit in one day for a hair-did!) The trip went by super-fast (unusually fast actually) and before i knew it; it was the night before I was leaving. I said my goodbyes rather quickly and told everyone that they should just pretend I was going back to Texas instead of Abu Dhabi. Thinking back on it, I'm not sure if that was more for them, or for me. By saying that, it makes it seem as though I am going back to the norm... maybe its a coping mechanism because I'm not good at "goodbyes."

I'm now back in Texas at one of my closest friend's house with her husband and baby. I think this goodbye will definitely be the hardest when the time comes. And here's why:


Best way to spend the last month. Goodnight kissies from this sweet boy and listening to his beautiful laugh. This will probably be the thing I will miss the most as I get more and more used to hearing it on a daily basis. Gotta post this quick as Little Man is trying desperately to get on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment